Choose Your Plan:
Hourly Plan    |   Salary Plan

Welcome to Your Health and Welfare Plan
(Hourly Plan)

An important part of your total compensation…
The Interior Lumbermen’s Health and Welfare Plan Benefits are provided by your Employer and represent a significant part of your total compensation package.

This website has been created to provide you with a quick reference guide for your Plan. We have attempted to summarize the key features of the Plan in an easy-to-read and well-organized format. This site is only a summary of the Plan—not every detail has been included here. If you need more information, please contact the Administration Office and a benefit specialist will be pleased to answer your questions.

This guide provides a summary of the Interior Lumbermen's Health and Welfare Plan (the 'Plan') as of January 2010. The Benefit levels and some of the terms and provisions of the Plan are subject to change. As a summary, this guide does not contain all of the terms and provisions of the Plan. For example, the availability of some Benefits described may be subject to limits and exclusions.

Throughout this guide, words are capitalized to indicate terms defined under the Plan.

This guide is not intended to replace the Plan Document. In case any dispute or disagreement should arise, the terms and provisions of the Plan Document and Trust Agreement shall apply and govern. If you would like to review the Plan Document or Trust Agreement, please contact the Administration Office for this to be arranged. Your Plan is established as a Benefit Trust and is not a Contract of Insurance. As such, your Benefits are paid pursuant to the Trust Agreement and Plan Document.

Your Benefit Coverage
Your Plan features several different Benefits that offer coverage in these areas:

  • Extended Health Care (EHC)
  • Dental
  • Group Life Insurance (GL)
  • Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
  • Weekly Indemnity (WI)
  • Long Term Disability (LTD)

Start of Coverage
Your coverage (and coverage for any Dependents listed on your application form) under your Plan begins on the earliest of the following:

  • The first day of the next month you report to work and work at least 6 hours following your completion of 30 working days (in which you work at least six hours/day) of Regular Full-time Employment with one Participating Employer; or
  • The first day you report to work and work at least six hours with a Participating Employer (assuming you had coverage under the Plan in the past 18 months).

You may add Dependents to your Plan under the Extended Health Care and Dental coverage provided that they are not already covered under the Plan as an Employee. Throughout this guide, the term Dependent includes Spouse and Dependent Children under the following conditions:

Your Spouse is a person you are lawfully married to and living with. Your Spouse can also be a person who lives with you (for at least six months) in a conjugal relationship and who is publicly represented as your Spouse.

Only one Spouse can be listed as a Dependent, but a Spouse cannot be listed as a Dependent if that person is not living with you.

Dependent Children include your (and/or your Spouse’s) unmarried Children under age 21 who are living with and mainly dependent on you; or under age 26 if attending a university or similar institution on a full-time basis and who are financially dependent. Children of any age are eligible if incapable of self-support by reason of mental or physical disability.

Eligible Children also include adopted Children, step-Children or common-law Children. That is, Children of your common-law Spouse as long as the Child and your common-law Spouse reside with you and the Child is mainly dependent on you.

What is “Regular

Being hired as a
full-time Employee
and working 30 hours
or more per week
qualifies as
Regular Full-Time
Changes in

You must fill out the
appropriate forms and
submit them to the
Administration Office
when one of your
Dependents no longer
meets the eligibility
requirements for the Plan
(e.g., a Spouse leaves the
relationship, a Child
becomes ineligible due
to age).

Filing of Claims
All the forms required to claim the Benefits offered under the Plan are available from your Employer or the Administration Office. Depending on the nature of your claim, the Plan may require you to file such forms within a set period of time.

Limitations and Exclusions
The Plan contains various limitations and exclusions. If you plan to make a non-routine Benefit claim, we recommend that you check with the Administration Office in advance.

Termination of Coverage
As discussed in this guide, upon termination of membership there may be advantages to continue with private coverage by contacting the supplier of that Benefit. Be sure to note your termination rights at the end of each Benefit.

You must complete an application form within 60 days of joining the Plan. A new Spouse must be registered as a Dependent within 60 days of the date of your marriage.You must register a Child within 60 days of the Child’s date of birth or 60 days from the date the Child became a Dependent of yours.


  About the Plan | Join the Plan | Benefits | FAQ’s | Related Links | Newsletters | Partners | Contact | Pension Site
^ top